As part of global ENGIE Group, ENGIE Cofely’s core strategy is to lead the global zero carbon transition offering bespoke client solutions to optimise operations and maintenance (O&M), energy and asset life cycle costs. The Middle East region is gradually slowing in its development phase and is now facing the critical challenge of delivering sustainable assets to achieve return on investment (RoI).
ENGIE Cofely has the smart technology, service skills and investment capacity to improve and operate assets in alignment with client needs, with the unique capability to integrate complete energy and asset solutions “as a service” to customers, affording the company a distinctive leadership position in the industry.
Top achievements of 2019
The transition of the Cofely brand under 100% ENGIE ownership, rebranding Cofely Besix to ENGIE Cofely. This acquisition provides a unique platform to increase Cofely’s capabilities and meet ENGIE’s strategic ambition to become the world leader in zero-carbon transition. The other top highlights were:
• Completion and Launch of ENGIE Cofely’s iCEE Technology platform: ENGIE Cofely launched its Smart O&M, Smart Energy and control centre platform. The Integrated Controls for Engineering and Environment (iCEE) monitors the condition of both assets and environment by means of Internet of Things sensors and Artificial Intelligence technology. This enables predictive and just in time maintenance, thereby reducing O&M costs significantly whilst increasing the reliability of systems and optimising the energy performance of assets, as well as monitoring Indoor Air Quality in the workspace.
• Contract retention: ENGIE Cofely maintains 97.5% retention of existing contracts.
• Number of new clients signed: ENGIE Cofely continues its selective growth in the region with over 20 new contracts.
• Mega infrastructure project award: ALDAR Properties PJSC awarded ENGIE Cofely the O&M services for critical infrastructure assets serving three key Abu Dhabi developments: Al Raha, Shams and Saadiyat Island.
• Sustainability initiatives: ENGIE Cofely introduced a new range of sustainability initiatives, including: Providing its workforce with uniforms made entirely from recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). Introducing business cards made from recycled paper.
• Introducing paper recycling and digitalisation initiatives to decrease paper usage. Adopting a ‘no plastic water bottles or plastic cutlery/cups’ approach to eradicate single use plastics, while furthering the partnership with Liquid of Life to stop using plastic water dispensers by installing water filters in all pantries.
Vision and plan for 2020:
The vision for 2020 is to continue with the ongoing implementation of its innovation strategy and digitalisation of services. The company will also continue the development of its smart O&M technology, which effectively replaces or monitors legacy BMS systems whilst integrating any other structured or non-structured data source to drive predictive maintenance programs. The technology enables ENGIE Cofely to integrate and centralise clients’ assets into an operational command centre in the UAE. ENGIE Cofely will also continue to deliver sophisticated client advisory services in terms of service improvements, asset life cycle management, guaranteed opex cost reductions, and building FM and energy services contracts.