A. General information Data protection at Media Fusion
Media Fusion is a dynamic exhibitions and publishing company with events across the Middle East & Africa. Headquartered in Dubai over 12 years, the company has achieved an impressive growth in emerging and mature markets across all its portfolios.
Naturally we are obligated to ensure that the data you have provided is given sufficient protection within our systems in accordance with the applicable laws. We believe you should be able to rely on your data being handled in a responsible and confidential way. Our data-protection concept also incorporates contractors who might need your data to carry out an order to your complete satisfaction. It is not our aim to use or pass on personal data without permission and for purposes other than those stated at the time the data was collected.
Some of our web sites have links to the internet sites of other suppliers. In view of the fact that we have no responsibility for these sites, we recommend that you read the information about data protection at these sites in detail. Should you have any questions or comments about our web sites or our security concept or if you want your personal data to be blocked, please contact us by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Data protection
When you utilise our online system, we obtain the data from you which is necessary for us to process your request and to provide the agreed-upon services. Mandatory data fields which are being used to collect required data are always clearly designated (with an asterisk).
By providing us with additional optional data, e.g. areas of professional interest, you allow us to offer you numerous advantages:
- We will need to use your personal information where this is necessary for us to perform our obligations under a contract with you, for example where you have purchased services from us, and to ensure your requirements are met at events.
- We may use your personal information to better understand your requirements and preferences, so that we can provide you with a tailored experience.
- We will need to use your contact information (such as your email address or postal address) to assist you with any bookings you make through our website.
This means that you are able to make your own decision as to which data we are to receive about you and your company.
To ensure the secure transmission of your data, encrypting systems are used so that the communication between your browser and our order system is illegible for any other participants on the internet.
C. Public Procedures Directory
1. Name of office responsible:
Media Fusion LLC, Al Muteena, Deira, Dubai
2. Board of Management:
Manager entrusted with Information Technology: Arvah Bohra
3. Address of office responsible:
#209, Lulu Building, Al Muteena, Deira, Dubai
4. Determining the purpose of collecting, processing or utilizing the data
The Company's objective is to promote the economy by holding trade fairs, conferences, exhibitions, and publications in UAE and the region; by holding events or conducting congresses and conferences; and by conducting all activities relating to the trade fair, exhibition, publications and conference business.
To achieve this objective, the Company has publications, fair and exhibition facilities, as well as congress and conference rooms, which are used for events or rented out for a reasonable fee. All data collection, processing and utilisation shall take place solely in pursuit of the declared objectives of the company, in particular:
- For carrying out the business process in question
- For information purposes and for event advertising
- For the purpose of market and opinion research
- For event-related service offers
5. Description of the groups of people concerned and the related data or data categories
Per group of people the following data is collected, processed and used in pursuit of the objectives mentioned in section 4:
Description of the groups of people concerned and the related data or data categories
Per group of people the following date is collected, processed and used in pursuit of the objectives mentioned in section 4:
|Group of People||Data|
|Representatives of companies visiting all avenues of Media Fusion||Data of the company with addresses, contact names and communication data, branch of business, product data, contractual and accounting data|
|Trade and professional visitors of events (virtual or physical)||Data of the company with addresses, contact names and communication data, branch of business, product interests, contractual and accounting data|
|Visitors of Media Fusion events and magazine without restriction (public)||Name, communication data and accounting data|
|Contact persons of companies interested in an event or in visiting it||Data of the company with addresses, contact names and communication data, branch of business, product data / product interests|
|Representatives of suppliers, service partners and other business partners||Data of the company or institution with contact names and communication data, service information, contractual and accounting data|
6. Recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data can be provided
- Group companies
- Responsible sales and service partners
- Trade fair and exhibition industry associations
- Those responsible for processing order data
- Exhibitors - always in order to fulfil the purposes under Item 4
- Public bodies, but only when legally obligated to do so
7. Legal deadlines for the restriction on use or deletion of data
Data retention regulationsData needed for the purposes stated in chapter C.4. will be routinely deleted after the expiration of 10 years. Data will be deleted earlier as soon as knowledge of them is no longer needed to carry out the purpose for which they were recorded or the purpose itself is not longer persued.
Right of objectionApart from the mandatory data storage for the purposes of conducting business, you have the right to demand at any time that your data not be retained for other purposes. If you want your personal data to be blocked, please contact us by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com